As technology embeds itself into the smart building and the smart home, intelligent interfaces are increasingly becoming a part of people’s day-to-day interactions. Whether manifested through active controls such as light switches, keypads and buttons, or passive ones that automate and monitor events, smart interfaces have the potential to bring huge financial, productivity and health benefits to our environments.
The challenge lies in developing discrete and cost-effective solutions that can seamlessly integrate into the floors, walls, furniture and spaces around us. Smart interfaces need to offer design freedom from design to manufacture, while providing flexibility in long-term use.
Advantages of Smart Interfaces
Smart surfaces have the potential to transform our environment by turning every surface into an interface. A traditional surface like a wall can become a touch screen, a tabletop can recognize and interpret a gesture control, or a floor can communicate and send data to a computing device, mobile device, App or building management dashboard. Integrating smart interfaces solutions can bring the following benefits to spaces:
- Health benefits – Improving hygiene through touchless interfaces and cleaning event monitoring
- Built-in interaction – Adding gesture-based interaction to existing surfaces or materials through smart interfaces for keypads, controls, or light switches built into furniture or walls
- Aesthetics – ‘Invisible’ integration through the use of everyday materials to design discrete and low-cost smart surfaces
- Real-time data – Sending data analysis from touch, proximity or gesture events to the cloud in real-time for immediate action or optimization.
Our Smart Interfaces Technology
Bare Conductive’s smart makes it possible to turn any wall, floor, or material into a smart surface. With over a dozen functionalities available, our smart interfaces technology can transform most materials into an to interpret gestures and collect data. and
Our smart sensors deliver high-quality data to the cloud, so that and proximity events can be monitored and reported back to building management systems, providing a reliable, cost-effective solution for designing and integrating interfaces into any surface or material. Our technology’s key advantages are the following:
- Design Freedom – Printed technology means interfaces can be applied to a wide range of materials, allowing for integration into smooth or three-dimensional shapes and surfaces.
- Material agnostic – Capacitive sensing technology allows our smart interfaces to work through other materials, so sensors can be hidden behind other materials and surfaces.
- Reprogrammable – Unique patterning means our interfaces can accommodate custom gestures and outputs, allowing for long-term flexibility and customization to a specific .
The Future is in Smart Surfaces
At Bare Conductive our goal is to create smart interfaces that can improve our experiences as we interact with the spaces and objects around us. We believe smart, intuitive, and dynamic interfaces are not limited to computers and electronic devices, and do not have compromise the design and feel of the spaces we occupy. We’re working with industry-leading partners to build interfaces into our world.
To discuss how you can use our smart interfaces in your application or product get in at: email@example.com.
To test or prototype your own smart interfaces, select from our range of development kits.