Electric Paint 50ml
$22.39 ex VAT
This product is currently out of stock, please check back again soon.
Bare Conductive’s Electric Paint is just like any other water-based paint, except that it conducts electricity! This means that you can paint wires or sensors directly onto almost any material.
Nontoxic, solvent free and water soluble, Electric Paint is a great prototyping tool, and works on paper, plastic, textiles, wood, plaster, glass, and most other surfaces. Once applied the paint dries quickly at room temperature, and can be removed with soap and water.
Electric Paint can be used like any other water-based paint, which makes it great for applications involving painting, screen printing, stencilling, or even as watercolour.
For permanent applications, or to create multi-layer circuitry, Electric Paint can be insulated using standard acrylic or water-based paints. Want to make it more intelligent? Use it alongside microcontrollers like the Touch Board, Arduino, Raspberry Pi, MaKey MaKey, or LilyPad.
Put this flexible, revolutionary material in your toolbox today!
LEVEL: Beginner to Expert Engineer
Paint a Stencil With Electric Paint
If you have one of our stencils, creating the grid to connect to your Touch Board, or making your own set of crisp graphics will be easy. The following tutorial will give you a quick demonstration on how you can use our stencil with Electric Paint.
A Quick Tutorial on Diluting Electric Paint
People often ask us whether they can dilute Electric Paint, and the answer is yes! However, there’s some things you need to keep in mind before you do so. Read this tutorial to find out how you can dilute the paint, and what the consequences will be.
• Paint, screenprint, stencil, spray on or apply like any other water-based paint
• Dries at room temperature in 10-15 minutes
• Must be fully dry to work
• Easily removable with soap and water
• Seal with acrylic paint or spray varnish
• Can last years if treated properly and kept dry
• Works on: paper, cardboard, wood, plastic, glass, plaster, some rubbers, textiles, etc…
• Can be painted or sprayed over for protection or multi-layered circuitry
• Can be used with conductive thread and e-textiles
• Surface resistivity approx 55 ohms/square at 50 microns layer thickness
Extensive project examples and resources at: www.bareconductive.com/make